Hello and welcome to my personal site*. My name is Vu Van
I am on a journey of living life with a smile, building meaningful relationships, do meaningful work and to share thoughts about achieving extraordinary results.
A little bit more about me:
I am a life-long learner who loves life, and I continually strive to be the best I can be and to be a better person with each passing day. I live in Sacramento California with my lovely wife, beautiful daughter, handsome son and two dogs, but my heart is in Hawaii where I went to high school and completed my undergraduate.
For my professional background, I am a Director of National Accounts with a startup biopharmaceutical company. Prior to that:
- A Senior Strategy & Relations manager at a leading healthcare system
- Senior Manager- Sales Enablement & Training for a cutting-edge digital health startup company
- Worldwide Manager of Sales & Support Training for an exciting and leading productivity software start-up company, Evernote.
- I have a strong passion for sales/account management and it is in my DNA.
- My background also includes experience building and leading sales teams as a Regional Sales Manager.
- I specialize in strategic key account management in healthcare and take a customer-centric approach to find partnership solutions for my customers and for my company.
- My superpower- Networking and building meaningful business relationships
I was also in the United States Air Force, proudly serving our country. My other passion is continuous learning, and a personal goal was to obtain an MBA. I earned my MBA from the University of Colorado with a specialization in Healthcare Management in 2011. I continue to learn every day and believe that to provide value to others, is to stay cutting edge and on top of my chosen craft.
For my free time, I enjoy the outdoors, running, addicted to snowboarding, surfing, traveling, writing and I love to eat. Of course, I love my family like crazy and now enjoy most of my free time watching my little ones grow and spending time with my lovely wife who supports my dreams and passions. I also enjoy writing and I believe that life has many joys and topics, so you will find me writing about many different topics ranging from sales to personal development and leadership which is a reflection of life and of my many interests. My writing and thoughts take the angle of any topic and apply it towards sales/account management, leadership, and career development.
My goal is to work with smart entrepreneurs & business professionals to provide actionable, useful thoughts & resources to help them increase sales, build meaningful relationships, have a meaningful career doing meaningful work, grow as a leader, and learn effective ways to work smarter and not harder.
I enjoy sharing my thoughts and to learn from others as well. Whenever given the opportunity, I take the time to learn something from everyone and anyone I encounter. Each person has an interesting story inside of them and has something to teach. Most of all, I truly enjoy building meaningful relationships and to take on challenging but worthwhile work.
Thank you for visiting!
*The opinions expressed on this blog are solely mines and does not reflect my employer in any way.