When your alarm clock goes off in the morning, do you hit the alarm clock to get the extra 10 minutes of sleep? Maybe you hit the snooze button multiple times to where you find yourself 1 hour of “extra” snooze time.
If you want to wake up early, the best thing to do when the alarm goes off is to get right up out of bed and start your day. When you set your alarm clock the night before, make it a commitment to wake up when the alarm goes off. If you want to give yourself the extra 10 minutes, then set the alarm to go off at that time, but make sure you get up as the alarm goes off. Below are some tips to help you conquer the SNOOZE BUTTON lure.
- Don’t train yourself with the self talk: establish the habit of getting right up and out of bed.
- Drink Water: Have some water next to your alarm clock and drink some water as soon as the alarm goes off. This should help you wake up.
- Out of reach: Set the alarm clock out of arms reach but not out of ears reach. You want to be sure you hear the alarm, but to turn it off, make it an effort to get up. Once you are up, stay up.
- No Snooze button: Buy an alarm clock without a snooze button. Yes, they make these, this way you will know that when the alarm goes off, its time to get up, no options.
- Backup Plan: If you are having a hard time adjusting, set a second alarm on your cell phone.
- No Value: The extra 10 minutes of sleep really doesn’t do much but make you run late and possibly make you rushed and out of control. If you need more sleep, its time to schedule your go to bed time.
These tips should do the trick, if not… buy about 4 alarm clocks and set them around your entire room. This is an extreme but if you cannot defeat the snooze button, then go the extreme route. Good Luck Monday Morning!
Here are some alarm clocks that should help you wake up:
Take a look at a bunch more to choose from: Challenging Alarm Clocks