To help you wake up in the morning, make a habit of scheduling important items to do first thing in the morning. I usually schedule my phone appointments as early as the other person is willing to conference with me. I also make it a habit to check my emails, respond to my emails and my brother gets going by reaching for his Blackberry and responding to his emails and texts. He stays in bed for about 10 minutes before getting out, but he is being active and it works for him. Even though it is best to get up and get out of bed immediately once you get up.
The key is to find what works for you. If you schedule appointments where you are held accountable for, you will be much more likely to be motivated to get up and get out. Schedule enough of these and you will be on your way to developing a good habit of waking up and not only that but you will also become much more productive by getting things done early in the morning.
Below are some things you can do first thing in the morning to get you busy and on your feet:
- Schedule a phone meeting
- Respond to emails on your desktop or at your desk
- Do something you enjoy so that you will look forward to getting up, instead of doing it at night. Designate the early morning hours for yourself and to have that time to do what you enjoy. A truly motivating force for you to get up
- Meet a friend at the gym to work out
- Walk your dog
- Designate this time for corresponding and communicating with your family and friends
- Just find something productive, that makes you move around to get the blood pumping and your rear out of bed